Friday, July 16, 2010

roadblock

this week is what will go down in history as an epic fail week.
let's see, i tried to make an appointment with an adviser this week.
did it work?
of course not, it's epic fail week remember?
apparently the next two weeks are blocked off for very important events for advisers.
events like vacation i would presume.
*epic eye roll*

so i said "pencil me in at the first available date."
secretary's response: "that would be august 2."
"perfect."
"i can't make appointments until at least 2 weeks advance."
*face palm*
"i'll call back monday."

who knew the college of education would be so difficult.
sneaky, sneaky.
did you catch that?
that's right, i'm changing my major to early childhood-6th grade.
i'm gonna be a teacher just like my momma. and because that's the only thing i think i'll be completely happy with.

here's how i am wired as a person: i don't want to be a successfully powerful, career-driven woman. i tip my hat to the women who do aspire to be that. several of my best friends are like that, and they are some of the strongest women i know. they will go on to do amazing things in their careers, and they will do all that while having a wonderful life and family. but i want to be as family focused as i can be. i don't want to work in a competitive industry working 60-80 hours a week, i don't want to always be focused on my next promotion and how to earn it. that means late nights at the office, weekends, 50 weeks a year, every holiday including christmas. my goal in life is to have a family. that's just my personal preference. i feel that teaching is the best job to allow me that. i might sound like i'm settling, but i guarantee you that i'm not. this is what i want. plus, i have so much experience in this field already. my lack of experience in retail was stressing me out. i'm happy and sure of my decision. now, i just have to get it going. august 2 can't get here fast enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment