Tuesday, August 31, 2010

i saw the sunrise while i printed off notes:

good morning, blog world.
it is 6:45 am, and i am sitting at my computer, fully dressed, makeup done, shoes on, and ready to take on the world. or at least my first class. geography.

another full 90 minutes in a class i've taken about 3.423 times in my life. that's just a rough estimate. well, i've been awake since 5:30. i'm trying this new thing where i get up super early so i can get started on my day, so that by the time class rolls around, i should be fully awake and alert. i've even had time to eat breakfast. but all i'm feeling right now is tired and exhausted. i actually feel like i'm sleep walking. a shower didn't even work. i guess what time one goes to bed is a factor as well in the next day's success. i'll have to try that tonight.

speaking of tonight, i also have had time this morning to print off my powerpoint notes for my night class tonight. 3 hours. and it's a parenting class. i know what you're thinking: "is there something you need to tell us lisa." the truth is, no i haven't a secret, but i do have to take the class for my major.

speaking of my major: i have it all figured out. my major is interdisciplinary studies. which is sort of like a general studies major, but a little more decisive (me decisive, i know weird right?). all my major does is PREPARE me for taking my certification tests for my teacher's certificate. so i graduate with a bachelor's of science in interdisciplinary studies and hopefully a teacher's certificate. but they are two separate things. i'm not graduating with a degree in elem. ed. apparently that's not how it works anymore. the definition of interdisciplinary (which i hate spelling because, frankly, i just can't) studies is sort of a catch all. it's a major that encompasses a little of everything. thus why i am taking a math, geography, linguistics, human development, and parenting class. i get to learn it all. so between all my major changes and my present major, i will probably graduate with at least 90% of the courses offered at unt under my belt. that's a bit of exaggeration, but you get the point.

well this turned into a little longer of a post than i anticipated. good day, all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment