Tuesday, August 3, 2010

progress?

let's recap on today's adventures and misfortunes:

i arrived at the college of education advising office promptly 15 minutes early. the student before me must have been late because he went 15 minutes over into my appointment. but you know, that's okay cause i was almost late too, thinking my appointment was at 12:30 instead of noon. (glad i checked in the morning)
anyways, i met with vic. oh, vic was a funny guy. he was an older gentleman with graying chin length hair combed back. the hawaiian shirt, although it was not all bright and colorful, was still a bit distracting with his chest hair peeking out the top. but altogether, i would like to call him my adviser because he was very helpful and nice. not to mention he might have been one of the happiest people i've ever met.

anyways, he went through the classes i've taken and plugged classes in where they met requirements. we were afraid of reaching the hour limit to where the state stops paying half of my tuition and i have to pay twice as much per credit hour. turns out that since half of my credits were from a private school and dual credit, i don't have to ever worry about reaching that point even tho i have 86 hours right now. and i have a 3.4 GPA. not too shabby considering all i've been through with changing schools and majors so many times. so that concern of mine was put to rest.

then i was worried about if i had to take a foreign language. cause let's be honest, my tongue was not made to speak anything other than english. i'm from texas after all. no foreign language for me. there are 3 or possibly 4 science classes i have to take. bummer. and quite a few math classes. double bummer. (sidenote: i don't care what you say, mom, i am NOT good at math. apart from that, i hate math.) but i am stoked for all the psychology classes i get to take.

my last concern was what to do about actually being accepted into the college of education. first of all, i don't even need to be accepted yet to begin the classes i need. there are 18 classes i can choose from before i even have to worry about the classes in the college of education, so i had a plethora to decide between. i was worried about when i was going to fit the inconvenient THEA test in. that was the only thing standing between me and my acceptance into the college. well it turns out, my brain really saved me back in high school. my awesome TAKS scores saved my butt there, so now all i have to do to become part of the college of education is the application in the fall when i receive my formal degree plan. so there's my last concern covered.

so i'm all excited, and i run home to register and get this show on the road. BAM! registration closed yesterday, yet the advising office wasn't open til today. the math didn't add up here. so i'm stuck with this perfect schedule in my "shopping cart" until next wednesday hoping i can some how slip into all these classes. nothing can come easy for me.

i'm taking miracles at this point, so if anyone can grant me one, that would be great.

here's my schedule for now:

mon/wed:
9:30-10:50-Human Development
12:00-1:20: Math for Elementary Ed.

tue/thur:
8:00-9:20- Earth Science (lab on monday 3:00-4:50)

tue:
5:30-8:20- Parenting in Diverse Families

internet:
Principles of Language Studies

now let's see how much it changes come 8 days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment